Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Writing and Illustrating a Picture Book Course
In this 10-week course for adults, you will be taken on the creative journey of creating your very own picture book for children. The immersive course will cover all areas used in the publishing industry including: How to gather ideas, develop your story through structuring and pacing, character design and storyboarding. Throughout the course, our facilitator will guide you through step-by-step illustration techniques that are catered to individual style and preferred medium of each student.
The course is suitable for adults with all skill levels, even beginners.
Topics to be covered in this course:
- Creative writing
- Setting up compositions
- Lighting and shadows
- Story structure, pacing and rhythm
- Experimentation of various art medium
- Camera angles
- Character Design
- Character's expression and movement
- How to develop simple and effective ideas for your story
Course facilitated by award winning children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit, whose books have been published in Australia,Thailand and The US, as well as being translated in more than 6 languages worldwide. Visit:www.TullSuwannakit.net to see some of Tull's published books and illustration.
- Learn the practical steps on how to create a story and illustrate for a children's picture book
- Explore picture book illustration techniques including line, form, colour and composition
- Develop concept, story, character and structure for your picture book project
- Learn from an award winning published children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit. www.TullSuwannakit.net
- All materials are included with the course (except for an A4 sketchbook and watercolour papers))
- your very own visual illustration portfolio created from the course
- An A4 sketchbook for visual diary
- Watercolour papers (to be confirmed during the course)